Health and Safety
Valmec lives its Core Value of Safety every day – for us there is no compromise!
We have a firm belief that if work is properly planned and executed, all incidents can be prevented. We strive to achieve Zero Harm to all our people involved in our work with a commitment to ensure no one is exposed to uncontrolled hazards and risks.
We operate under and in accordance with a safety management system, which complies with AS/NZS 4801 requirements. Our safety management and implementation plans are tailored specific to each project to ensure true Health and Safety planning is implemented from the outset a project.
For Valmec, a safe project is a successful project.
Sustainability & The Environment
Valmec has achieved third party AS/NZS ISO 14001: 2004 Environmental Management System accreditation.
We are committed to pursuing the highest standard of environmental management in all our operations and strive to continually improve our environmental performance
At Valmec we:
- Adopt environmental management as a key value, requiring management and employees to conduct operations in accordance with our environmental policy, procedures and instructions;
- Comply with, and exceed where possible, all environmental legislation, regulations, standards, codes of practice and other requirements applicable to our operations;
- Identify all significant potential environmental impacts relevant to our project operations and implement an Environmental Management Plan to mitigate against such impacts;
- Develop environmental awareness within Valmec through effective communication, training, consultation and interaction; and
- Monitor advances in the environmental controls, technology and regulatory trends relevant to our operations.
Valmec is committed to providing the highest quality product we can produce and exceeding our clients expectations wherever possible. We strive to ensure we meet all of our customers’ requirements and continually improve our processes and systems.
We have developed a quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001 standards incorporating amongst other controls, site-specific management plans for each project.
Valmec aspires to:
- Deliver projects to clients whilst closely managing safety, quality, schedule and cost;
- Provide evidence that 100% of works have been constructed in accordance with the contract-specified requirements and our management system requirements;
- Employ continuous improvement and management review processes to add value to our work and ensure the ongoing improvement of our business; and
- Employ a suitably trained, competent and skilled workforce who know and understand the Company objectives, its Core Values and our work activities to ensure our management systems are implemented successfully.
Valmec has attained third party ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management System accreditation.