Health and Safety
Valmec lives its Core Value of Safety every day – for us, there is no compromise!
We have a firm belief that if work is properly planned and executed, all incidents can be prevented. We strive to achieve Zero Harm to all our people involved in our work with a commitment to ensure no one is exposed to uncontrolled hazards and risks.
We operate under and in accordance with safety management systems, that comply with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001 requirements. Our safety management and implementation plans are tailored specifically to each project to ensure true Health and Safety planning is implemented from the outset of a project.
For Valmec, a safe project is a successful project.
Sustainability & The Environment
Valmec has achieved third-party ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management System accreditation.
We are committed to pursuing the highest standard of environmental management in all our operations and strive to continually improve our environmental performance.
At Valmec we:
- Adopt environmental management as a key-value, requiring management and employees to conduct operations in accordance with our policies and procedures;
- Comply with, and exceed where possible, all environmental legislation, regulations, standards, codes of practice, and other requirements applicable to our operations;
- Identify all significant potential environmental impacts relevant to our project operations and implement an Environmental Management Plan to mitigate against such impacts;
- Develop environmental awareness within Valmec through effective communication, training, consultation, and interaction; and
- Monitor advances in the environmental controls, technology, and regulatory trends relevant to our operations.
Valmec is committed to providing the highest quality product we can produce and exceeding our clients’ expectations wherever possible. We strive to ensure we meet all of our customers’ requirements and continually improve our processes and systems.
We have developed a quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001 standards incorporating amongst other controls, site-specific management plans for each project.
Valmec aspires to:
- Deliver projects to clients whilst closely managing safety, quality, schedule, and cost;
- Provide evidence that 100% of works have been constructed in accordance with the contract, specified requirements, and system requirements;
- Employ continuous improvement and management review processes to add value to our work to ensure ongoing improvement of our business; and
- Employ a suitably trained, competent, and skilled workforce who understands the Company objectives, our Core Values, and their work activities.
Valmec is proud to announce that during September 2019 it was awarded certification from the Federal Safety Commissioner (FSC) under the Australian Government Building and Construction Workplace Health and Safety Accreditation Scheme.
Achieving this accreditation confirms our safety practices as being amongst the best in the construction industry across Australia, and positions Valmec well to pursue Federal Government funded projects.
This achievement reaffirms our commitment to our Core Value of Safety and working to the highest standards possible; especially when it comes to the safety and wellbeing of our people.
Valmec’s HSEQ certifications are independently assessed by the British Standards Institution (BSI), against internationally recognised standards on an annual basis.
Valmec currently holds the below BSI certifications, showing our commitment to quality and assurance.