Valmec hosts Cancer Council’s Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
On Thursday 26 May, Valmec hosted Cancer Council’s Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea.
Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is a chance for Australians to get together and raise money for a great cause. 1 in 2 Australians will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85. One dollar at a time we can make a real difference to help fund Cancer Council’s vital research, prevention and support service programmes.
Every dollar raised contributes to vital cancer research and clinical trials, support services for patients, their families and carers, and information and public education campaigns:
- $25 funds resources to support GPs and health professionals advising patients on cancer prevention, screening and diagnosis.
- $50 ensures a cancer nurse is available on Cancer Council’s free, confidential telephone service (13 11 20) to offer support on all aspects of cancer.
- $100 allows the Cancer Council to support childcare centres and primary schools taking part in the National Sunsmart Schools Program.
- $500 helps fund the provision of telephone and web-based support groups facilitated by trained peer volunteers and health professionals.
- $1000 brings Cancer Council’s ground-breaking research into new and better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
The Cancer Council brings together Australia’s leading state and territory cancer organisations with a vision is to minimise the threat of cancer through successful prevention, best treatment, support and world-class cancer research.
Generous Valmec staff and their partners/families took the time to prepare delicious treats for staff to enjoy for a gold coin donation. With everyone’s efforts and kind donations, we were able to raise a total of $300 from staff and Valmec increased this further to make a total team contribution of $1,000.
Valmec would like to thank their staff and families for their generosity and continued support of our community.